- 100 grams of pure henna powder
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix the henna powder and water together until you get a thick paste. Allow the mixture to sit for 4-6 hours to release the dye.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar, and coconut oil to the henna paste and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, making sure to cover all of the gray hairs. Wear gloves to avoid staining your hands.
- Leave the henna mixture on your hair for 2-4 hours, depending on how dark you want the color to be.
- Rinse the henna out of your hair with warm water, then shampoo and condition as usual.
Note: Henna can produce different shades of red, so be mindful of how much you use and how long you leave it in your hair. Additionally, henna can be drying to the hair, so it’s important to use a deep conditioning treatment after dyeing your hair with henna.
GO NEXT TO SEE MORE RECIPE